Friday, February 14, 2014

Felt Hearts...and a duck

"Be like a duck.  Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath."
--Michael Caine


Imagine if you will...

The big Valentine's party is tomorrow.  O has worked hard all day signing cards for her friends.  

"Let's do something special for my teacher, Mommy!"

Ok! 

But then I got distracted by my much too busy day and suddenly I was kissing her goodnight.

"Oh no, Mama!  I forgot my teacher's present!  Can you still make something?"

What else could I say but yes?  

"Oh, and, Mama?  Can you fix my duckie's leg too?"

So...I gathered my tools--my felt, my thread, a needle, a little Dr. Who--and settled in for the evening.


First thing first, let's fix that beloved duckie's little leg.


Voila!


Oooooooo!  Cookies!

Now, get inspired.  

I pinned these pretty little felt hearts ages ago.  I love them!

You can head over here to FeltSewGood for a very nice little tutorial. 

I mainly used the picture for inspiration and made them my own.
Simple and beautiful...happy.

"Duck love is recognizable in any language." --Edmond Manning, King Perry


Happy Valentine's Day!

Linking up!

1 comment:

Cheryl Patterson said...

Hi! I love the idea of embroidered words on the hearts! Perfect for Valentine's Day! You could also make tiny felt hearts in different colors with phrases like the candy hearts.
Thanks for the link, Cheryl