Monday, February 4, 2013

A wreath for January

Hi.  This is going to be a short and quick post.

I wanted to let you know I'm still here.  I've been reading a lot, because it is winter and cold and snowy and that always puts me in the mood to cuddle up with a good book.

I have to be quick because all three of my kids are asleep!  I have to take advantage of that: read some, sleep some, craft some...enjoy the silence.

I love wreaths.  I don't know if I've ever told you that, but I do.

I like to make them.  They are so simple and yet so pretty and so versatile! 

I'm trying to make one a month this year.  It's not going to happen, but I'm going to give it a good try.

So, now that January is over, here is the wreath that has been hanging on my door this month.

I used light blue and white yarn together and wrapped around a foam pipe cover.  (For a great little tutorial on how to get that pipe cover to make a nice smooth circle, head over to Gail Made.)

I added some beads that I had leftover from a project I don't even remember.  I thought they were pretty and kind of look like little ice crystals.  They are strung in the middle using fishing line.

Here it is against my bright yellow wall so you can see the beads better.


I'm working on February's today!  Oh boy!

No comments: