Monday, April 11, 2011

Getting Organized, the pretty way

I have a binder.  It is black and drab and boring.

I use it, theoretically, to keep myself organized. 

I put my weekly schedule in it.  And my lists.  Lists of project ideas, things to do, people to see, games to play, blog ideas, recipes to try.  You know, fun stuff. 

The problem is, it's black...and drab...and boring. 

I look at it and it feels like work.

I decided that if I am going to be doing this for the rest of my life (which is my plan), I need to do something to make it more enjoyable. 

So...

First I found this great piece of paper.

I cut it to size and then wrote a happy, inspiring quote on it...in pencil first.
 (which, by the way, I should have done lighter because erasing this proved to be more work than it should have been.  If you do this, learn from my mistakes and don't press so hard with your pencil.)

Next, I got out my gel pens. 

It's been a while since I've played with my gel pens.  I had forgotten how much fun they are!  I traced over my too dark pencil lines with the beautiful gel pens.

And, here's the end result:
Sorry the pictures is kind of blurry, but you get the idea, right?  I have to admire it every time I look at it.  Now my binder is happy, inspirational...even motivating! 

And, good news, I have been inspired to make the rest of my organizing methods more fun and happy and inspirational...maybe even motivational!  Just a little something to look forward to.



P.S. I'm linking this here:

1 comment:

Luanne Hardy said...

I love that quote and that idea!